Saturday, November 17, 2007

Pay It Forward Challenge

Yo! Welcome back homiez... I am bumping into my own blog regularly these days to write my mind out... Thanx to Sameera (a.k.a Sam a.k.a Desiduck) who keeps pushing me to write more n who makes the wheels of my blog rolling on. This time, its about a new concept introduced by someone which i came across on Sam's blog. Its called PAY IT FORWARD. Sounds weird, but its kinda unique and fun. I played it and i won...lol. This is how it goes (taken up from Sam's blog)...

"I promise to send a small handmade gift to the first three people who reply to this post on my blog, specifying that they accept the PIF challenge. I do not know what the gift will be as of now, but it will be something personalized and I promise to have it delivered to them within one year from today, no matter what. Of course, as the name indicates, the condition is that all three of them must in turn pay it forward the same way, by putting up a post linking to this one on their blog and promising to send three others a handmade gift."

Well, i am waiting for my gift all the way from UAE to India. Isn't that great? That's what the challenge says, u gotta pay it forward no matter where u reside in the world. In this fast paced world of globalization, people have become so professional that communication lacks in emotional bonds and humanitarian values. Formal emails are the buzz of the day. People have forgotten to write "Yours lovingly" anymore, its only "Thanks and Regards" filling up the final lines of messages. So, all my homiez, write back on this blog and lets all join hands to make this world a global village of love, friendship and brotherhood. I'm all set to Pay It Forward... Peace Out!

8 Mentations:

Sameera Ansari said...

Woah!COOL new look Jaan!Same pinch,we changed looks on the same day! :)

Coming to the post,it's really awesome.I loved the last few lines;so true and thought-provoking.Love is getting scarcer by the day.

You will get your gift soon Darlu.Love you so very much mi novio.Quackumma!

Lena said...

and i liked the first few lines .. were really fun :D

But the concept is really great, nice to hear that people are eager to play it :)

Kabir said...

Sammu baby, u will definitely get the gift soon... muah!!

Kabir said...

Thanx for the appreciations Lena, let me know if u r in for the challenge... gotta do the gift then...lol...

Ibrahim said...

good one...seems like i just made it...waiting for my gift..lol..

Kabir said...

Hey Mohim, u made it to the lucky 3 ones to get my gift... u will get it soon when i come down to chennai... but make sure u write about it on ur blog..i meant abt this challenge... or just post a link... Coz thats wot the challenge says..lol... weird!

Lena said...

i would like to be in for a challenge but am already playing with Sami :P

Kabir said...

Oh no issues Lena, PIF's rules dont allow you to participate in 2 challenges so u gotta stick to Sam... weird rules... Weird Sam...hehe. lol!